A wealth of experience to help you through high-risk pregnancy.
25+ Years of Experience
Consultation For All Northeast WI Pregnancy Care Providers
Convenient Fox Valley Location
In Good Hands
Meet Doctor Steele
Dr. Danae Steele is a board certified obstetrician who is fellowship trained in Maternal-Fetal Medicine. She is an excellent resource in complex cases, and will work with you to achieve the best possible outcome for both mother and baby. Dr. Steele’s office is conveniently located at 200 Theda Clark Medical Plaza, Suite 210, Neenah, WI 54956.
In her free time, Dr. Steele enjoys spending time with her family, training and competing with her dogs, learning Spanish, and backpacking / hiking.
Dr. Steele with daughter, Hazel, and dogs, Fig and Tangle. Photo Credit to Lynn Busse.
- Portland State University, Portland, OR 1980-1986. B.S. degree in General Science, 1986
- Medical School at Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR, 1986-1990. M.D. degree, 1990
- Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI, 1990-1994
- Fellowship in Maternal Fetal Medicine at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, 1994-1996
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology 1997-present
- Maternal Fetal Medicine 1999-present
- DEA Buprenorphine Waiver
- Fox Valley Perinatology, S.C. Maternal-Fetal Medicine, 2012-present
- OBGYN Associates of Green Bay, 2006-2012
- Eastside Women’s Health, 2003-2005
- Solo Private Practice, 2001-2003
- Obstetrix Medical Group, 1996-2001
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- American Society of Addiction Medicine
- WI Association for Perinatal Care
- WI State Maternal Mortality Review Committee
- WI Section ACOG Advisory Council
Meet Our Team
From left to right: Michelle, Sarah, Kathy, Sherri, Sam, Mai Nou, Maria, Megan, and Dr. Steele.
Dr. Steele has a team of outstanding staff and ultrasonographers. Maria is bilingual in Spanish and Mai Nou is bilingual in Hmong.
Welcome to Fox Valley Perinatology. Thank you for trusting us as a resource in the care of your patient.
When referring a patient, we do require a written or electronic referral with current pregnancy records and most recent ultrasound report.
Providers who use EPIC. Please place a referral in EPIC using procedure code: “REF86 – AMB REFERRAL TO PERINATOLOGY”, Provider: Danae Steele or Fox Valley Perinatology, Location: Fox Valley Perinatology.
Non-EPIC Providers. Please fax your referral and records to
You are always welcome to call Dr. Steele at 920-364-2986 to discuss the care of your patient.
Maternal Fetal Medicine is an obstetrics subspecialty that focuses on diagnosis, treatment and care of expectant parents and their unborn babies, who may be at high risk for special health problems or have complex pregnancies.
Dr. Steele is fellowship trained and board-certified in Maternal Fetal Medicine. Physicians with this expertise are also known as perinatologists.
You may be at an increased risk for complications during pregnancy if:
- You have underlying health issues, including, but not limited to, high blood pressure, diabetes, heart conditions, cancer, epilepsy, kidney disease, and HIV.
- You are carrying more than one baby.
- You have a risk of pregnancy-related complications, including premature birth or pre-eclampsia.
- You have a family history of a genetic abnormality.
- You have had a previous ultrasound that suggests a concern with the baby’s growth or development.
- You have a history of substance use disorder.
- You are having a baby after age 35
Dr. Steele works with your obstetrician, family physician, or midwife, and provide consultation and co-management of complicated conditions before and during pregnancy.
Frequently Asked Questions
We are here to help answer your questions about fees, co-payments, billing, insurance coverage, or payment plans. Please call us at (920) 749-4000 and ask for the billing department to discuss your needs.
Upon arrival for each visit:
- Please bring your picture ID and insurance card(s) with you at the time of each visit.
- We ask that co-pays be paid at the time of service. For your convenience, Fox Valley Perinatology accepts cash or checks, as well as all major credit and debit cards.
Important Insurance Information
If you are a student/dependent with coverage under a parent’s insurance plan, please be advised that even if the payment goes to the subscriber, you are responsible for the payment of all services provided. If you have any questions, please speak to our financial counselor and we will be glad to assist you.
If you have secondary insurance coverage or medical assistance, please provide this information at your first visit, or when the coverage becomes effective. If your insurance coverage changes or is terminated, please contact our office immediately to provide that information. Please feel free to ask us about our fees. We will be happy to discuss them with you. Our fees are within the usual and customary range for this area and reflect the level of care you will receive and the high level of training by Dr. Steele.
Billing and Charges
Accounts are due in full upon receipt of your statement. If you are unable to pay your account in full, our financial counselor will be happy to discuss payment options. Failure to remit timely payments could affect future services in our clinics.
Patients are billed monthly. If there is an error or question on your account, please contact the friendly people in our billing department at (920) 749-4000. Fox Valley Perinatology does offer monthly payment plans as a service to our patients and many times a phone call can help clear up any misunderstanding about your charges.
Please note that charges incurred in the hospital (including pulmonology, anesthesiology, pathology, etc.) are billed separately and not included in Fox Valley Perinatology fees.
Insurance Coverage and Medicaid
Will my insurance cover my appointment?
Fox Valley Perinatology is in-network with many insurance carriers, but we recommend you call your insurance carrier to confirm your coverage and the in-network status prior to your first appointment.
Fox Valley Perinatology will submit claims to in-network insurance carriers; however, you are ultimately responsible for the payment of all services in a timely manner. If you do not have insurance coverage, payment is required at the time of check-in.
Fox Valley Perinatology contracts with a variety of insurance carriers; including but not limited to:
- Anthem BCBS
- Champ VA
- Common Ground
- Medicaid (BCBS Medicaid, Network Medicaid, Managed Health Systems,
- Molina Medicaid, Security Medicaid, Trilogy Medicaid, UHC Medicaid)
- Network Health
- Network – Prestige NE
Please check your policy to see if services will be covered at our office. In addition, we will work with you to help you understand your coverage and benefits, as well as arrange convenient payment plans for any out-of-pocket expenses.
We have a full time billing staff on site. If you have questions and concerns about your bill, we can help you know what to ask your insurance carrier in order to get your bills processed.
We work with some third party administrators and self-funded plans. We are in-network providers for Health EOS and Health EOS/Multiplan. If your insurance carrier uses their services to process your claims and you have questions, please contact our business office.
Wisconsin Medicaid / BadgerCare Plus
If you have Wisconsin Medicaid / BadgerCare Plus, please note Fox Valley Perinatology is NOT a provider under:
- Children’s Community HMO
- ICARE HMO
- Dean Health HMO
You do have the option to choose another HMO in order to be covered at Fox Valley Perinatology. In order to change your HMO, call the Medicaid HMO enrollment specialist at (800) 291-2002 and ask for the change in HMO. Your BadgerCare Plus coverage must be verified as active prior to all appointments. Please make sure your other current providers accept the same HMO before switching.
The following websites are good resources for patients with high-risk pregnancies:
- Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine – www.smfm.org
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists – www.acog.org
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine – www.aium.org
- American Society of Addiction Medicine – www.asam.org
See what our patients have to say
“Dr. Steele is very understanding, patient and considerate of any concerns or questions. She always has detailed response and makes sure I am comfortable before I leave her office.”
Brittany & Jay
“The addition of Dr. Steele has added an excellent resource in the Fox Valley for both OB providers and patients. She is very approachable and readily available for consultations.”
Amy Schmidt, MD
“Dr. Steele has gone above and beyond to help us out through this uncertain stage in our pregnancy. We are so grateful to meet her, and we trust 100% in what she has to say.”
Lori & Dan
“Thanks for making an incredibly stressful situation so much easier. I can’t tell you how much your kindness and caring helped. Thanks again.”
“Just wanted to say thank you for your care at the end of my pregnancy. My husband & I are very appreciative of the time you and your techs spent making sure our baby was safe. We are forever grateful.”
Missy & Nick
“There are no words big or descriptive enough to express how thankful we were to have you as our doctor. You are outstanding in your field & a top notch person. Thank you a million times over”
Kerri & Mark
“We cannot begin to thank you enough for all you have done for us. I am so thankful you came into our lives and believe you are the reason our son is here today. You kept fighting to find us answers, even when we thought we may never have one. I still can’t believe we have our sweet baby, and our nursery is no longer empty.”